Timbers Resorts is a developer and operator of exceptional boutique hotels, residence clubs and resort communities located in some of the most sought-after destinations in the world. Timbers Resorts is always looking for dynamic, driven people to join our team. We are passionate about exposing our Owners and guests to some of the most sought-after places on earth, and creating unparalleled experiences for families to make memories
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You truly appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be their best.
To assist in running all of the recreation and adventure programming at Timbers Kauai as directed by the Activities Manager. To lead guests on a variety of tours both and off property. To assist guests in booking weekly activities through Nalu’s Adventure Center. To assist in prepared food and beverage service at Nalu’s as necessary. To work in coordination with the Pool Attendant staff to create and maintain a clean, inviting, and safe environment around the pools at Kaiholo and Maliula locations. To assist with ongoing and special events. To provide support and assistance with guests and visitors as necessary to maintain and exceed the high standards of the property.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop a thorough knowledge of the entire property
- Lead both on-property and off-property excursions as directed by the Activities Manager and assist in the creation of future tours for owners and guests
- Maintain all equipment necessary to execute tours safely
- Maintain all Activities Department equipment for use by guests. This includes, but is not limited to: bikes, beach chairs umbrellas, binoculars, kayaks, paddleboards, boogie boards, surfboards, and assorted games.
- Assist in updating our programming as directed by the Activities Manager to ensure guest experiences are met and the programming schedule does not become stagnant
- Assist in daily operations of the Timbers Adventure Center which will include service of prepared food for guests along with menu and food assembly, beverage menu knowledge and service, daily food requisition orders, point of sales execution, server check outs, adventure center equipment check-in and check-out, consulting with guests on activities around the property and around the island, and a cash procedure
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented matter
- Develop a solid working knowledge of the all necessary software programs for guest activity management
- Be knowledgeable on a daily basis of scheduled and available activities on and off site
- Be available for social networking functions with guests and owners including Sunset Sessions and other events.
- Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication with managers, employees and other departments.
- Report any work-related injuries to the Activities Manager and Loss Prevention
- Have a clean and neat appearance
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
- To speak, write, and read English
- Have a current Hawaii driver’s license and safe driving record
- Comfort driving large multi-passenger vehicles
- Ability to earn CPR/First Aid/AED certification (training provided) within 60 days of employment
- Ability to give attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- To be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Versatility, flexibility and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Ability to learn and be proficient at sports specific skills including, but not limited to, kayaking, paddleboarding, and off-road biking
- Ability to comprehend and interpret weather forecasts
- Strong group management skills
- Ability to communicate instructions clearly to many types of learners
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to follow complex instructions
- Ability to work remotely and unsupervised
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. comfortably and carry weight while hiking
- Work is generally preformed outdoors
- Noise level of the work environment is generally moderate
- Work environment may include prolonged ocean exposure
- Work environment may include challenging and technical terrain in remote locations
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The associate is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl. Ability to hike up to 8 miles. Ability to ride a bike up to 10 miles.
The associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds with assistance.
Job Status: Full Time