Activities Assistant Coordinator
Timbers Resorts is a developer and operator of exceptional boutique hotels, residence clubs and resort communities located in some of the most sought-after destinations in the world. Timbers Resorts is always looking for dynamic, driven people to join our team. We are passionate about exposing our owners and guests to some of the most sought-after places on earth, and creating unparalleled experiences for families to make memories
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You truly appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be their best.
To assist in the facilitation of the recreation and adventure programming at Timbers Kauai as directed by the Programs Manager. To provide support and assistance with guests and visitors as necessary to maintain and exceed the high standards of the property. To assist in prepared food service as part of the Adventure Center programming.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop a thorough knowledge of the entire property
- Lead off-property excursions as directed by the Programs Manager and assist in the creation of future tours for owners and guests
- Maintain all equipment necessary to execute tours safely
- Assist in updating our programming to ensure guest experiences are met and the programming schedule does not become stagnant
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented matter
- Develop a solid working knowledge of the Alice platform for guest activity management
- Be knowledgeable on a daily basis of group activities on and off site
- Assist in daily operations of the Timbers Adventure Center which will include service of prepared food for guests along with menu and food assembly, beverage menu knowledge and service, daily food requisition orders, point of sales execution, server check outs, and a cash procedure
- Be available for social networking functions with guests and owners including Sunset Sessions and other post-activity functions
- Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication with managers, employees and other departments.
- Report any work-related injuries to Human Resources
- Have a clean and neat appearance
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
- To speak and read English
- Have a current Hawaii driver’s license
- Have a current CPR/First Aid certification
- Current Food Handler’s Permit (training provided)
- Blue Card liquor service permit (training provided)
- Ability to give attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- To be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays
- Good judgement with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Versatility, flexibility and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. comfortably and carry weight while hiking
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma/GED; AND two (2) years of hospitality experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Work is generally performed outdoors. Noise level of work environment is generally moderate. Work environment may include prolonged ocean and outdoors exposure. May also include challenging and technical terrain in remote locations.
Timbers Resorts International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Timbers Resorts International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Pay: from $22/hour
Job Status: Full Time