Timbers Resorts is a developer and operator of exceptional boutique hotels, residence clubs and resort communities located in some of the most sought-after destinations in the world. Timbers Resorts is always looking for dynamic, driven people to join our team. We are passionate about exposing our Owners and guests to some of the most sought-after places on earth, and creating unparalleled experiences for families to make memories
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You truly appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be their best.
The primary responsibility of this position is to ensure the accurate and timely completion of assigned accounting functions. The position is primarily focused on special projects.
This is a casual position.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform balance sheet reconciliations varying in difficulty from simple to complex and propose corresponding journal entries
- Prepare various month-end schedules for internal and external management
- Work directly with auditors to complete external financial statement audits of various Timbers managed Hokuala entities
- Participate in various department-wide initiatives and ad-hoc projects
- Participate in the development & ongoing improvement of internal processes
- Other similar duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 5+ years’ experience in a senior level accounting position
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Microsoft Office Excel and familiarity in other Microsoft Office products
- Operating office tools and equipment such as copiers, printers, scanners
- Proficient with a 10-key calculator
- Accounting software programs such as Microsoft Dynamics GP
- Applicable laws, codes and regulations
- Policies and procedures of the department
- Ability to respond quickly to special requests from management
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Using initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in an office setting; use standard equipment; stamina to sit for extended periods of time, strength to lift and carry up to 20 lbs.; vision to read printed materials and computer screen; dexterity to utilize computer equipment; hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone
Timbers Resorts International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Timbers Resorts International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Job Status: On Call