Timbers Resorts is a developer and operator of exceptional boutique hotels, residence clubs and resort communities located in some of the most sought-after destinations in the world. Timbers Resorts is always looking for dynamic, driven people to join our team. We are passionate about exposing our Owners and guests to some of the most sought-after places on earth, and creating unparalleled experiences for families to make memories
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You truly appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be their best.
This position is responsible for the timely, accurate and efficient processing of all assigned accounting transactions on a daily & monthly basis. Responsibilities include reconciling and processing all levels of financial transactions; including accounts receivable, preparing, and reporting monthly financials, balance sheet reconciliations and daily reconciliation of credit card and bank transactions that support system sub-ledgers.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Complete monthly tasks and journal entries to support the timely and accurate preparation and distribution of financial statements in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Implement and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all assigned statutory requirements of the organization are met including, Withholding Payments (CPP, EI), Income Tax, General Excise Tax, Transient Occupancy Tax
- Prepare and reconcile monthly billing, collection, and disbursement of association dues.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
Four (4) year college degree in Finance or Accounting; four (4) to five (5) years of related experience and/or training in related hospitality field; or equivalent combination of education and experience. HOA and/or hospitality experience is preferred.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Various computer software programs, such as Microsoft Dynamics, Microsoft Excel and Springer Miller System (SMS) or other property management systems
- Applicable laws, codes, and regulations
- Policies and procedures of the department
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively to vendors/suppliers, guests and other employees of the Company.
- Ability to problem solve with several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, percentages, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
- Ability to multi-task while completing tasks in a timely manner.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives, and activities.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in an office setting, use standard office equipment; stamina to sit for extended periods of time; strength to lift and carry up to 20 pounds; vision to read printed materials and computer screen; dexterity to utilize computer equipment; hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.
While performing duties of this job, the associate is occasionally required to work on a Saturday or Sunday, as necessary to support month end reporting functions.
Timbers Resorts International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Timbers Resorts International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Job Status: Full Time