Timbers Resorts is a developer and operator of exceptional boutique hotels, residence clubs and resort communities located in some of the most sought-after destinations in the world. Timbers Resorts is always looking for dynamic, driven people to join our team. We are passionate about exposing our Owners and guests to some of the most sought-after places on earth, and creating unparalleled experiences for families to make memories.
An inspired, driven individual who believes in providing outstanding customer experiences and comes to work energized and ready to carry that spirit throughout the day. You truly appreciate the opportunity to work with people who encourage, challenge, and support one another to be their best.
Responsible for the timely and accurate processing of accounts payable and receivable in accordance with the Company's policies and procedures. The position shall also be responsible for performing various other duties in the support of the accounting department.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but not limited to, the following:.
- The Accounting Clerk performs a variety of general accounting support tasks in an accounting department including: Verifying the accuracy of invoices and other accounting documents or records; Update and maintain accounting journals, ledgers and other records detailing financial business transactions (e.g., disbursements, expense vouchers, receipts, accounts payable). Enters data into accounting system.
- Compile data and prepare a variety of reports.
- Recommends actions to resolve discrepancies.
- Investigates questionable data.
- Follows our company's established accounting process, analyzes current procedures and recommends changes.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills / Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task is a plus
- Minimum of two years experience in accounting or related field
Licenses and/or Certifications:
Required Knowledge and Skills:
Knowledge of :
- Applicable laws, codes and regulations.
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
The physical demands describes herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand, walk, use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The associate is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and/or crawl.
The associate must regularly lift and/or move up to ten pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to fifty pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than fifty pounds with assistance.
Timbers Resorts International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Timbers Resorts International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.
Job Status: Full Time