Accounting Assistant - Part-Time
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Ensures accuracy for all incoming vendor invoices.
- Enters vendor invoices into accounting control software.
- Prepares a weekly payables batch. Prints and mails checks after they have been approved.
- Keep vendor accounts up-to-date (call for copies of missing invoices, reviews statements, etc.)
- Maintains AP information for accuracy.
Credit & Collections:
- Creates monthly/quarterly/annual bills and statements while ensuring timely disbursement.
- Create and send monthly Opera statements to owners.
- Processes automatic credit card payments.
- Assist Accounting Manager following up with owners about past due balances (on a monthly basis), replying to phone calls and emails from owners, and making collection calls or mailers.
- Enters debits/credits: creates and mails invoices, records and deposits payments to proper bank accounts.
- Reconciles Petty Cash account and Debit Card charges.
- Reconcile the Operating account on a daily basis.
- Reconcile other Accounts once a month.
- Post journal entries for Opera Dailies.
- Post daily journal entries for Black Tie room charges.
- Reconcile Credit card statements.
- Enter and track payroll deductions (ski passes, rent, child support payments, etc.).
- Occasionally reconcile other accounts in GP (particularly the Room Folio and Owner pass thru accounts and Petty Cash)
- Compiles information and prepares spreadsheets to assist Controller and Accounting Manager for internal and external statement preparations.
- Prepares and files monthly sales tax returns.
- Make journal entries for RA Dailies.
- Enter invoices and print checks
- Reconcile all bank accounts
- Reconcile all credit card statements
Job Status: Part Time