Grounds Section Tender
Responsible for preparing and maintaining all areas of the golf course, practice areas and other surrounding areas in a manner in which excellent playing conditions are provided.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conducts care and maintenance of turf and other facilities on the golf course; walk mow greens, tees and collars ensuring facilities are in proper playing condition
- Perform daily course set up including; whipping greens, cut cups, paint cups, rake greenside and fairway bunkers, put rakes in proper order, service water coolers
- Empty trash cans, pick up rubbish, service ball washers, repair ball marks, repair divots, set tee markers
- Conducts fertilizing and care of turf and other facilities on the golf course when assigned
- Ensures proper fertilizers and nutrients are applied to all flora and fauna when assigned
- Perform necessary tasks/duties to ensures that golf course condition is maintained to the highest level
- Assist with maintaining drainage, irrigation and watering systems when assigned
- Maintain cleanliness of golf course and surrounding areas removing rubbish when necessary
- Participate in miscellaneous projects, involving sod, irrigation, drainage, excavation, planting, etc.
- Communicates as necessary with golf course superintendent to discuss conditions of facilities, maintenance plans and scheduled events
- Assist with general care and maintenance of equipment and tools used in order to maintain proper working order
- Ensures safety standards, policies and procedures are followed and advises management of any safety concerns or violations that are not in compliance with local, state and federal laws
- Insures that chemicals, petroleum and other controlled products are used, stored, and disposed of in accordance with local, state and federal regulations. Assist with maintaining required records
- Attends staff training and other trainings to maintain a current knowledge of technical and turf innovations and applications
- Ability to come to work regularly and on time, follow directions, take criticism, get along with co-workers and supervisors, treat co-workers, supervisors and guests with respect and courtesy, and to refrain from abusive, insubordinate and/or violent behavior
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment
- Perform other duties as requested by management in accordance with CBA
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma/GED; AND two (2) years of work in related business; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
Licenses and/or Certifications:
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record as defined by insurance carrier
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Proper operating methods for utility vehicle, truck, week eaters, fly mows, blowers, edgers and other miscellaneous equipment required to maintain the golf course and surrounding areas
- Applicable laws, codes and regulations
- Safety principles, practices and equipment related to the work
- Basic record keeping practices
- Policies and procedures of the department
- Use of specified computer applications involving word processing, queries, data entry and/or standard report generation necessary to perform job functions
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone
- Performing semi-skilled maintenance and repair of a tools and landscaping equipment
- Operating and maintaining specialized tools and equipment used in the trade
- Estimating necessary materials and equipment to complete assignments
- Safely using and maintaining tools and equipment related to the work
- Maintaining accurate records of work performed
- Reading and interpreting manuals, specifications, labels, and instructions
- Using initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work on a golf course maintenance setting; agility to use typical trade equipment, stamina to stand, sit, stoop, climb, crouch or crawl, bend, reach, and walk for an extended period of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, and talk or hear. The associate frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. Strength to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds regularly, frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work is subject to exposure to extreme weather conditions, moving mechanical parts and is regularly exposed to vibration. The associate is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne, particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. Work is occasionally performed in high precarious places. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. In addition, associate may be required to perform essential duty during inclement weather.
Pay: from $16.58/hour
Job Status: Full Time