Responsible for serving food and beverages to customers. Shifts available both in Frost Bar and Leonora Restaurant.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Greets guests and takes their food and beverage orders.
- Responds to and resolves any special dietary requests.
- Serves food and beverages to the guest as per the course of the order.
- Checks identification of the guest to make sure they meet age requirements for purchase of alcohol products.
- Properly clean and set meeting rooms and banquet functions per the specifications on the BEO.
- Ensure proper care, movement of all equipment such as tables, chairs etc.
- Performing basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by supervisor.
- Coordinate with kitchen and bar staff to ensure smooth operation and guest satisfaction.
- Observes guests, anticipates their needs, and ensures their satisfaction with the food, beverages, and service; removes courses, replenishes utensils, refills glasses
- Adheres to grooming and appearance standards.
- Stocks and maintains the banquet area stock levels.
- Complies with all food and beverage regulations.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma/GED; AND one (1) year of food and beverage service experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Food and beverage products, menus and promotions.
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Customer service principles and practices.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Focusing on quests and provision of quality customer service.
- Serving customers efficiently and effectively.
- Maintaining appropriate inventory of supplies and materials.
- Communicating effectively in oral and written forms.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Pay: from $8.31/hour
Job Status: Full Time, Part Time, Seasonal