Director of Operations
Responsible for overseeing all aspects of the operations of each of the Timbers Resorts in accordance with the Timbers Resort’s objectives and mission statement. Position requires travel to assigned hotels for the overall management of the operation, including profitability, guest service, product quality, and overall cleanliness and maintenance of the hotel property. Operation of the hotel will be within the framework of approved 1) annual budget, 2) annual marketing plan, 3) annual capital expenditure plan, 4) annual wage plan, and always within the framework of all Company policies and procedures. Assist with take overs, conversions and new property openings.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Works closely with the Managing Director, Hospitality to determine appropriate organizational strategies, goals and objectives for the property, including the creation of forward looking 5 year financial plan on an annual basis; evaluates and advises on the impact of long-range planning and introduction of new programs/strategies.
- Work directly with property leadership to develop and refine processes ensuring consistant service levels and long term customer satisfaction
- Develops accurate long and short-range financial objectives consistent with overall goals, strategies and objective of each property.
- In the event of a General Manager Position becoming open at one of our hotels, this position may be required to act as an Interim General Manager
- Establishes controls to ensure the proper handling and accounting for all resort receipts.
- Assist with planning and execution of marketing, sales, and operational activities, producing results that meet or exceed each resort’s business plan.
- Develops and refines operating manuels for: Reservations, Front Office, Guest Services, Housekeeping, Spa, Food & Beverage, and Maintenance to insure the highest possible levels of guest satisfaction in a cost efficient manner.
- Develops, directs and reviews the implementation of goals, objectives, policies, procedures and work standards for the resort and key staff.
- Routinely visit properties to assure that all Company policies and procedures are fully implemented throughout the portfolio.
- Directs the execution of analytical studies related to the performance of the property; develops and reviews reports of findings, alternatives and recommendations.
- Ensures that each resort’s service and quality standards are communicated, understood, achieved and maintained by resort staff creating an operating environment that assures consistent guest satisfaction.
- Maintains product and service quality standards by conducting ongoing evaluations and investigating complaints/issues; ensures appropriate corrective action.
- Works with operational leadership in developing action plans to maximize occupancy and to maximize average rate.
- Empliments operational concepts surrounding Food & Beverage to ensure operations are on the leading edge of industry standards and direction to include menu design, costing, and implementation, as well as on-going training to ensure consistency Present creative and market driven concepts for restaurants
- Establishes and maintains applicable preventive maintenance programs that protect and enhance the value of all resort assets in maintenance, security, housekeeping and through the capital budgeting process.
- Communicate effectively with corporate executive team, property leadership and staff in regards to initiatives, direction and goals
- Ensures adherence to safety and security practices for the protection of staff and guests.
- Maintains currency on government regulations affecting resort’s operations, ensuring that the resort is operated in compliance with all applicable laws, ordinances, regulations, and requirements of any federal, state or municipal authority.
Skills / Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in resort management, or a related field; AND a minimum of ten (10) years resort operations management experience. Preferably with food & beverage operational background
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Principles, practices and techniques of luxury resort management including; spa, and food and beverage.
- Understanding of Uniform System of Accounts for the lodging industry and the appropriate fiscal acumen to manage the operations of a multi-use property.
- Principles and practices of budget development and administration
- Administrative principles and practices, including goal setting, program development, implementation and evaluation, and the management of employees.
- Principles and practices of developing teams, motivating employees and managing in a team environment.
- Plan financial strategies, delegate responsibilities to other, direct others at various professional levels, identify and solve problems, prioritize and coordinate multiple projects at one time, evaluate and resolve complex situations, lead the staff of the hotel utilizing a management style of a participative team approach.
- Computer applications related to the work.
- Practices, techniques and capabilities of marketing.
- Records management principles and practices.
- Monthly analysis of financial statement, with input from the Executive Committee, to identify positive performance and identify areas of remedial improvement.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Principles and techniques of making effective presentations.
- Leading, planning, organizing, supervising, reviewing and evaluating the work of staff.
- Training others in policies and procedures related to the work.
- Managing multiple projects and programs.
- Planning, organizing and administering comprehensive sales and marketing programs.
- Developing and implementing goals, objectives, policies, procedures and work standards.
- Developing effective work teams and motivating individuals to meet goals and objectives and provide customer services in the most cost effective and efficient manner.
- Preparing clear and concise reports, correspondence and other written materials.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within general policy guidelines.
- Using tact, discretion and prudence in dealing with those contacted in the course of the work.
Pay: $140,000 to $150,000/year
Plus Base Salary Bonus Potential of 20%
Job Status: Full Time