Corporate Operations Controller
SUMMARY: This position will provide finance leadership to the property level Controllers of Timbers Resorts.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Effective implementation of corporate directed financial strategies
- Development and application of adequate internal controls
- Consistent, accurate and timely financial reporting
- Management of external audits
- Compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Support and review of the annual budget planning and scheduled updates to the forecasting reports
- Identification of best practices to improve processes and efficiency
- Consultation on other financial matters
- Generation of KPI's as requested and recommendations for improvement
- Participation in the monthly Corporate financial closing process
- Performance of other duties as assigned
- Flexibility to travel to property sites up to six weeks per year.
- Provide leadership oversight on special projects, transitions, and new property openings.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
Skills / Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting required. Master’s degree or CPA certification preferred. Must have 5+ years’ relevant hospitality operations finance or accounting work experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. HOA experience required.
Licenses and/or Certifications:
- Master’s Degree or CPA Preferred
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Principles, practices and techniques of accounting in hospitality environment.
- Principles and methods of developing effective informational and presentation materials.
- Principles and practices of budget development, administration and measurement of results.
- Advanced proficiency in computer applications related to the work.
- Microsoft Dynamics, Excel & Opera preferred.
- Records management principles and practices.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Principles and techniques of making effective oral presentations.
- Planning, organizing and prioritizing.
- Managing multiple projects and programs.
- Self-driven with the ability to create critical paths that provide solutions to ongoing real estate development challenges
- Ability to conduct appropriate and relevant analysis of business results
- Planning, organizing and administering comprehensive reports and presentations.
- Developing and implementing goals, objectives, policies, procedures and work standards.
- Developing effective work teams and motivating individuals to meet goals and objectives in the most cost effective and efficient manner.
- Preparing clear and concise reports, correspondence and other written materials.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within general policy guidelines.
- Using tact, discretion and prudence in dealing with those contacted in the course of the work.
Pay: $110,000 to $120,000/year
Plus 10% Base Salary Bonus Potential
Job Status: Full Time