Contract & Closing Manager
SUMMARY: This position is primarily responsible for the supervision and coordination of the closing process for company real estate transactions.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Coordinate the preparation of purchase contracts and supervise the execution of agreements.
- Review executed agreements for accuracy and distribute to appropriate parties.
- Track and record earnest money deposits and payments.
- Supervise the preparation and distribution of all pre-closing documentation.
- Coordinate closing procedures with third-party title and escrow companies.
- Coordinate with third-party finance companies when applicable.
- Communicate with customers and agents regarding the transaction process.
- Perform corporate responsibilities to ensure proper compliance and protocol.
- Track and document transaction terms and maintain sold inventory records.
- Maintain an electronic calendar of closing activity for each project.
- Review closing documentation for accuracy and coordinate with appropriate parties regarding closing responsibilities and necessary signatures.
- Coordinate, track and report on closing distributions due to company.
- Perform accounting duties for the payment and reporting of commission payments.
- Other Duties
- Supervise and train office administrators to assistant in the closing process.
- Complete responsibilities in corporate software applications to manage the transaction process.
- Manage internal filing and reporting tasks to comply with company and legal requirements.
- Communicate with company departments regarding the closing process, pipeline and commission payments.
- Provided reporting and documentation as requested by company and investors regarding closings and commissions.
- Educate company staff and agents on the closing process.
- Work with team members to improve the overall closing process and ensure a professional closing experience for owners, agents and staff.
Skills / Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in Business or a related field; AND four (4) years of experience in real estate sales transactions; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Principles and practices of real estate sales and transactions.
- Principles, practices, and regulations of real estate sales.
- Federal, state and local laws governing real estate sales in locations where we conduct sales.
- Microsoft Office and ability to work proficiently in Excel
- Customer Relationship Management Software (preferably Salesforce.com)
- Accounting software and practices.
- Office administrative practices and procedures.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for effectively communicating with a variety of individuals and organizations in an efficient and professional manner in person, on the telephone or by electronic communication.
- Providing customer service.
- Real Estate transaction practices.
- Communicating effectively in oral and written forms.
- Organizing, maintaining and researching office files.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Job Status: Full Time