Bloom Spa Cosmetologist
Responsible for performing hair, facial, waxing, and nail services in accordance with protocol and in a courteous and professional manner while exceeding the high standards of the resort.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provides professional hair, facial, waxing, and nail services to members and guests.
- Greets and welcomes members and guests to the Spa.
- Ensures proper precautions and contradictions for treatments before every session; explains method and applicable techniques appropriately to customer needs as well as preferences.
- Observes customer reaction to services and modifies treatment as necessary.
- Maintains confidentiality as well as sensitivity related to age plus gender during client interactions.
- Reports any unusual customer interactions to supervisor promptly.
- Communicates clearly with Members/guests and spa staff to achieve desired results for both the client and the spa; answers queries and resolves service issues.
- Performs support tasks associated with providing services assigned; set-ups and break down of treatment rooms, stocking and inventory of supplies, stocking and removal of linen, etc.
- Assists in the efficient and effective operation of the Spa by maintaining orderliness and cleanliness of the workplace.
- Performing services in adherence to safety practices and principles.
- Ensures proper accounting for lost and found items and delivers to Housekeeping.
- Report any maintenance deficiencies for proper resolution.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a work team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma/GED with successful completion of certified cosmetology coursework; AND one (1) year of experience performing cosmetology treatments; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS:
- Must possess a valid Colorado Board Cosmetologist License.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Vail & Beaver Creek Ski Mountains and the Vail Valley.
- Principles, practices and techniques of cosmetology.
- Record keeping principles and practices.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Performing of all hair services.
- Determining the nature of customer services and recommending appropriate actions or solutions.
- Providing customer service.
- Communicating effectively in oral and written forms.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Pay: from $9.30/hour
Job Status: Full Time, Seasonal