Responsible for greeting and welcoming all owners/guests and visitors to the resort and relieving owners/guests of their luggage on arrival in a prompt and courteous manner while maintaining or exceeding the high standards of the resort.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Identifies owner/guest needs and provides information regarding policies, services and amenities.
- Ensures collection and delivery of owner/guest luggage and equipment in an efficient and timely manner.
- Tags baggage and returns the identification slips to owners/guests.
- Escorts owners/guests to residence, placing luggage in residence assigned by concierge desk.
- Inspects guest residence for order and adequate supplies and informs owners/guests of residence amenities.
- Ensures safe storage of personal items.
- Transports departing owner’s/guest’s luggage from the residence to the lobby, then into a car or taxi after reconfirming with the owner/guest.
- Responds to owner/guest requests and queries providing a knowledgeable, efficient, and helpful information service.
- Assists with answering the telephone and taking messages, transferring calls or dealing with inquiries.
- Has basic knowledge of Opera in order to look up last names and residence numbers.
- Effectively marks down correct name, residence number, and damage on each vehicle that arrives at the resort.
- Driving safely at all times to protect company’s assets.
- Maintains all radios and earpieces and preserving for future use.
- Ensures cleanliness of porte-cochere.
- Observes safety precautions required to protect resort and owner/guest property.
- Maintains cleanliness and functionality of company vehicles including company SUV.
- Performs shuttle runs as necessary.
- Reports any unsafe or maintenance issue to management.
- Exercise polite and patient verbal demeanor over radio.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
- Proper use of clocking in and out from shifts, and 30 minute meal breaks. Performs all duties and tasks assigned by management.
Skills / Requirements
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Beaver Creek, Vail, and surrounding area amenities.
- Practices and procedures of luggage handling.
- Record keeping principles and practices.
- Proper business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Performing bell person duties in an efficient and effective manner.
- Determining the nature of a visitors needs and recommending appropriate actions or solutions.
- Speaking English effectively to communicate over the telephone.
- Resolving varied owner/guest issues, concerns and requirements.
- Interfacing with resort staff to ensure that owner’s/guest’s needs are met in a satisfactory manner.
- Performing luggage and vehicle handling duties.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities. Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in an office setting, use standard cleaning equipment; stamina to stand, stoop, squat and bend for extended periods of time; agility to perform services over an extended period of time; strength to lift and carry up to 75 pounds; vision to read printed materials and computer screen; dexterity to utilize computer equipment; hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.
Pay: from $10.75/hour
Job Status: Full Time