Responsible for preparing and serving beverages to customers order to create classic and innovative drinks in accordance with customers’ needs and expectations. Shifts available both in Frost Bar and Leonora Restaurant.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintains positive guest interactions while accurately mixing and serving beverages to guests and servers in a friendly and efficient manner.
- Serve snacks and food as ordered.
- Checks identification of the guest to make sure they meet age requirements for purchase of alcohol products.
- Mixes drinks, cocktails and other bar beverages as ordered and in compliance with hotel standard drink recipes.
- Arranges bottles and glasses to make attractive displays.
- Assess customers’ needs and preferences and provides recommendations.
- Sells or influences others for up selling and suggestive selling.
- Provide guidance to guests on resort activities, dining options and general resort and community information.
- Determines when a customer has had too much alcohol and if required refusing any further serving on a polite and respectful manner.
- Safely and effectively handle and move objects, such as glasses and bottles.
- Washes glassware and utensils after each use.
- Maintains a clean working area by sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, cleaning of glass doors and windows, etc., as required.
- Properly cleans and sets meeting rooms and banquet functions per the specifications on the BEO.
- Ensures proper care, movement of all equipment such as tables, chairs, bars etc.
- Maintains liquor and supply inventory; prepares inventory or purchase requisitions as needed to replenish supplies; ensures that the assigned bar area is fully equipped with tools and products needed for Mixing beverages and serving guests.
- Collects payment for drinks served and balances all receipts; follows all cash handling procedures as per hotel standard.
- Complies with all food and beverage regulations.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma/GED; AND two (2) years of bar tending experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Food and beverage products, menus and promotions.
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Basic mathematics and bookkeeping.
- Use of specified computer applications related to food and beverage operations.
- Record keeping principles and practices.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Focusing on quests and provision of quality customer service.
- Use of Point of sale (POS) terminals and stock & inventory management software.
- Mixing and serving beverages in accordance with customer requests.
- Communicating effectively in oral and written forms.
- Cash management and accountability.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Pay: from $9/hour
Job Status: Part Time, Seasonal