Responsible for serving food and beverages to customers.
Essential functions as defined are ILLUSTRATIVE ONLY and not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents within this classification. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Greets guests and takes their food and beverage orders.
- Responds to and resolves any special dietary requests.
- Serves food and beverages to the guest as per the course of the order.
- Checks identification of the guest to make sure they meet age requirements for purchase of alcohol products.
- Properly clean and set meeting rooms and banquet functions per the specifications on the BEO.
- Ensure proper care, movement of all equipment such as tables, chairs etc.
- Performing basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by supervisor.
- Coordinate with kitchen and bar staff to ensure smooth operation and guest satisfaction.
- Observes guests, anticipates their needs, and ensures their satisfaction with the food, beverages, and service; removes courses, replenishes utensils, refills glasses
- Adheres to grooming and appearance standards.
- Stocks and maintains the banquet area stock levels.
- Complies with all food and beverage regulations.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the unit's service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
- Demonstrates courteous and cooperative behavior when interacting with public and staff; acts in a manner that promotes a harmonious and effective workplace environment.
Skills / Requirements
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and/or skill required.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma/GED; AND one (1) year of food and beverage service experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Food and beverage products, menus and promotions.
- Policies and procedures of the department.
- Customer service principles and practices.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for dealing with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds, in person and over the telephone.
- Focusing on quests and provision of quality customer service.
- Serving customers efficiently and effectively.
- Maintaining appropriate inventory of supplies and materials.
- Communicating effectively in oral and written forms.
- Organizing own work, setting priorities and meeting critical deadlines.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or work unit goals, objectives and activities.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Pay: from $8.31/hour
Job Status: Full Time, Part Time, Seasonal, On Call